1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Family Law
  4.  » Modifications

A Skilled Attorney For The Modifications Process

When it comes to child custody and spousal support agreements, making a decision you’re comfortable with during the initial divorce process can save you time and money in the future. However, circumstances change and sometimes those agreements need to be altered. In Connecticut, altering court decisions can be difficult and you may need to go back to court to get your requested modifications approved.

When you need consistent and trustworthy guidance through the legal system, call Thomas M. Shanley, P.C. With 40 years of experience in helping families move forward after a divorce, our attorney is knowledgeable concerning a variety of situations. We can help you determine if a modification is the best option for your family or if another option may exist.

A Knowledgeable Attorney For Child Custody Modifications

In order get a court-approved modification for your child custody agreement, you will most likely need to have gone through a change of circumstances significant enough to affect your lifestyle. This may include the need to move out of state, abuse by the custodial parent, a change in work status or a drastic change in a parent’s work schedule.

Applying for a modification can be difficult and time-consuming. An attorney can help you determine what is best for your situation.

Experienced Legal Guidance For Spousal Support Modifications

The laws surrounding modifying alimony agreements in Connecticut are complicated and every situation is unique. Some alimony agreements include terms that prohibit one party from seeking a modification in the future or limit the relief that is available. If this is the case for you, you will need a skilled attorney to help you determine your next steps or if modification is possible.

In other cases, a significant change in health, income or other circumstances may allow one party to seek a modification. However, they will need a significant amount of evidence to support their claim that they need more or less spousal support. If you are interested in filing for a modification, speak with an attorney to create a strategy before going to court. If your former spouse has filed for a modification, a skilled lawyer can help you navigate the legal proceedings and protect your resources.

Call Today For Legal Assistance

Filing a modification is a complicated process, and seeking the guidance of an experienced attorney who can advise you in your specific circumstances is good step in yielding the optimal results. At Thomas M. Shanley, P.C., we’re results-driven and focused on fighting for what matters to our clients.

Call today at 203-542-9391 or send us an email to get started. We can discuss your situation and come up with a plan today.